- First wife named Armenia Raymo (who, I suspect was born Hermine Raymond, or similar) d. 16 Feb 1866;
- Second wife (pension claimant) married under the name Catherine Forteau (not clear if this is her second marriage as well);
- Service in Co. C of the 91st Regiment of the N.Y. Volunteers;
- Honorable discharge on 10 Jun 1865;
- Death on 16 Feb 1884;
- Joseph (b. 22 Aug 1868)
- Peter (b. 26 Dec 1869)
- George (b. 15 Feb 1873)
- Mary (b. 25 Oct 1874)
- Delphine (b. 28 (??) Aug 1877) (my 2nd Great Grandmother)
- Maggie (b. 1 Jun 1879)
She was not able to sign her name, indicating that she was either illiterate or unable to read and write English (or both). Census records indicate that she could neither read nor write English.
While I noted in my order the existence of both a Widow's pension and an invalid pension, it appears that only the Widow's Pension file was searched. I'll follow up with the National Archives to see if there is anything further.