Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Thanks Giving

I'm thankful to and for all of my living relatives, especially those closest in my life.  Contrary to my wife's frequently-expressed opinion, I care FAR more about those alive than those dead (although it might not always seem that way).

Also, I'm thankful to my the "newest" cousin that I've connected with, Katheryn (LaPorte) Marchacos. We've exchanged some research and some photos (looking forward to seeing more!!!).  I've given her a bunch of info from the distant past and she's provided me with an amazingly comprehensive amount of information filling in a plethora of gaps in my "descendant's report" for my Great Grand Uncle (her grandfather) Orlando LaPorte (b. 1894 d. 1948).

So many projects still to complete -- thankfully, I had a guy on ancestry.com forums agree to look into some of my "dead ends" for me.  Hopefully, some progress there.

As I've put my paid ancestry.com membership on hold for now, I'm going to focus on cleaning up my databases, looking over "research" that has not been organized in my files, and trying to reach out to living LaPorte descendants to try to learn more from firsts hand accounts about the people that are in my tree in hopes of putting some context beyond just vital facts.

If there are any of you folks out there, I'd love to hear from you.

No comments:

Post a Comment