Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Photos of Neighbor Kids

In scanning a bunch of my grandparents' photos, periodically I come across ones like this:


UPDATE:  My dad and Uncle have chimed in:

Top row (left to right) are Richard Henicke, Cathy McGrath, Jane Ann Henicke, and Patricia McGrath.
Bottom row (left to right) are Howard Crowley, Andy LaPorte, and Rodney Case. 

The photo is dated but the date has worn to be illegible.  Based on his age, I'd say most likely is 1950 or so -- especially given that other photos on the same album page are dated "1950." Andy or my dad, Ron LaPorte (b. 1940) might also know who the neighbor kids are. [updated above].

They lived at 14 Lozier Place, Plattsburgh, New York at that time and throughout the rest of my grandparents' (Lloyd Vincent LaPorte and Jennie (nee Rock) LaPorte) lives.  It was between Boynton and Riley Aves, so I'm sure the kids were in the near vicinity of there and many likely went on to Plattsburgh High School.

1 comment:

  1. Hi there...I stumbled upon this page randomly. I have been searching for a "Jennie Rock" born in 1900 from NY for some time now. Wondering if somehow I stumbled upon the right one.

    ReplyDelete